Everybody loves eating Pizza, but have you tried baking mini pizza? Mini Pizza is a little pizza that is mixed with cheese, sausages and other toppings you like. It is perfect for kids and adults as well.
When I was a kid, every Thursday we have a family gathering in our grandparent’s house, where we meet with our cousins, uncles, aunts, and every member of the family. I remember my Aunt made a delicious mini pizza which is fluffy and delicious. This pizza is thick and soft at the same time which makes me in love with this food. It is perfect to eat pizza with pasta and garlic bread.
Because this is the week of Christmas, this inspired me to cook my version of mini pizza, where you can share with your kids, families and friends.
Ingredients for the Toppings of Mini Pizza Recipe
Although cooking mini pizza is relatively easy, the preparation of the ingredient is a bit time-consuming. For the Mini pizza recipe, there are two things you should prepare: Ingredients for Pizza topping and ingredients for pizza dough.
The picture above is the ingredients needed to make the pizza topping. Firstly, I used beef sausage or hot dog as my protein, but you can any meat as you wish.
Secondly, to make a very delicious mini pizza, you MUST use mozzarella and cheddar cheese. I promise they make the pizza very tasty that will melt your mouth. Without these cheeses, the pizza will taste boring and bland.
Thirdly, I use green and black olives as my only vegetable topping. I love using olives because it gives a saltiness taste of the pizza which fits perfectly. Of course, you are welcome to add bell pepper, mushroom or other vegetable toppings you like.
Lastly, you need olive oil and tomato sauce to brush the pizza dough. The olive oil will help make the texture of the pizza dough soft and fluffy. In addition to that, the olive oil will make the pizza a golden brown. On the other hand, we all know that tomato sauce is a must for all pizza. For making the sauce, I just mixed with tomato paste, warm water, and sugar.
Ingredients for the Dough of Mini Pizza Recipe
To make the dough for mini pizza recipe, the important ingredients I need are white flour, vegetable oil, yeast, and milk. Usually, water is used in the flour, however, I prefer milk because it gives a nice flavor of the pizza dough. Of course, salt and sugar are needed for seasoning the pizza dough. Lastly, prepare an additional 1/2 cup of milk/water when mixing and kneading the pizza.
The list of Kitchen Equipment Needed
For baking your delicious mini pizza, you need to prepare a nonstick traywhere you can put your pizza on it and an oven. Since I am living in an apartment, I am using a convection oven, and it works perfectly. It doesn’t really matter what type of oven you used: Conventional, Gas stove or conventional oven.
Some people also need a wooden dough roller to make a perfect circle of mini pizza. But, I rather used my hand since it is just a small mini pizza, and you don’t really need any roller. If you want to roll the mini pizza with your hand without difficulty, just add a drop of olive oil in your finger, and this will do the trick.
Instruction to cook the Mini Pizza
There are two things you should prepare for mini pizza recipe: the dough, and topping of the pizza.
For making dough, mix the milk with the yeast and sugar in a bowl. Later, you transfer into another bowl that contains flour, oil, and salt, and mix it gently. While mixing and kneading the pizza dough in a bowl, add 1/4 cup of milk/water while mixing and kneading the dough. If the dough is still hard and dry, add another 1/4 cup of milk and repeat the process. Once it is soft enough, covered it with a towel for 1.5 to 2 hours to help the dough grow.
For the topping, use your hand to make a small circle of mini pizza. Brush the olive oil, and then add tomato sauce. Next, you add the sausage and olives. Lastly, you add the cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Do take note that before you put the pizza in a tray, make sure you rub the tray with oil. This will help remove the mini pizza easier after baking in the oven.
For full instruction of making the pizza dough, and the topping, here is the recipe index below
Best Mini Pizza Recipe for your FamilyCourse: AppetizersCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Medium
20 to 25Pieces
Mini Pizza is a delicious tiny round pizza that is mixed with cheese, sausages and olives. It is perfect for serving kids or adults birthday party.
3 cup of flour
2 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of sugar
2 tablespoon of olive oil
1 cup of warm milk
2 teaspoon of yeast
½ cup of milk (use ¼ cup first and knead until its fluffy and not sticky)
3/4 cup of olive oil
1 to 1 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
2 cup of chopped hot dog or sausage
2 cup of combined green and black olives
2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Pizza Dough
- Add a warm milk, yeast, and sugar. Mix it all together in a large cup or a bowl.
- Transfer them into another bowl that contain flour, salt, and vegetable oil. Mix them well together.
- While mixing and kneading the pizza dough using your hand, add 1/4 cup of water/milk. If the texture of the pizza dough is still dry and hard, add another 1/4 cup of milk/water and repeat the process. A 1/2 cup is more than enough to make the texture of the dough soft and fluffy.
- Cover the dough with a towel and keep it in room temperature for 1 to 2 hours maximum. The yeast will help grow the pizza dough. The picture below is only based on just 1 hour.
- Topping of the Mini Pizza
- Rub the tray with oil. This is important because after baking the pizza, it can easily be removed.
- Soak your finger with olive oil, and make a round mini pizza using your hand
- Brush the dough with olive oil, and then add tomato sauce. Next, you add sausage and olives. And then lastly, you add mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Transfer the tray into the oven and let it cooked for 10 minutes in 180 degrees Celsius. Make sure the oven is already hot enough before putting in the oven.
- If the Pizza dough is sticky, add more flour
20 to 25 servings per container
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Fat 13g 20%
- Saturated Fat 4.3g 22%
- Cholesterol 18mg 6%
- Sodium 493mg 21%
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Potassium 162mg 5%
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4g 9%
- Dietary Fiber 1.9g 8%
- Sugars 4g
- Protein 10.6g 22%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Have you tried making Mini Pizza? Or if you have any questions? Let me know in the comment below