A Keto Cauliflower fritters recipe is one of my favorite and healthiest recipe I made in my kitchen. This is a freezer-friendly and a perfect Keto diet since it has low carbs and contain good amount of fats and protein. I love cauliflower, and I used it when I cooked chicken or vegetarian dishes. The first time I ate this dish was my father’s cauliflower fritters recipe. One time he made a sandwich, which he added tomatoes, mayo sauce, and fritter. And it is mouthwatering.
Because I loved my father’s recipe, this inspired me to cook my fritter version, but a Keto Cauliflower fritters recipe. I will be showing you the ingredients and the instruction on how to cook this dish.
Ingredients needed to make Keto Cauliflower Fritters
There are five important ingredients you need to cook this dish: Boiled Cauliflower, Dill, Egg, Onion, and Low Carb Flour. Furthermore, I also added salt, black pepper, and sugar. To make a low carb keto cauliflower fritters recipe, I am using a low carb flour like coconut flours or any flour that contains low carbohydrate.
One ingredient that makes my cauliflower fritters unique is that I added dill in the dish. Adding the dill is my personal choice since it provides great scent and flavor of the fritters, which will make it very delicious.
Secondly, it is important to boil the cauliflower ahead so you may not consume time. I usually boiled up to 10 minutes or until it is soft. Lastly, I used egg and flour to help stick the fritter together.
When frying the cauliflower fritters, I highly recommend you to use exttra virgin olive oil. That is because it gives nice olive taste, and it is healthier than other cooking oils. Of course, you can use any olive oils if you don’t have extra virgin olive oil.
What kind of Low Carbs Flour can you recommend?
Usually, when helping sticking the fritters, I used white flour. However, because we are talking about Keto Cauliflower Fritters, other low carbs flour I can recommend include Coconut flour, almond flour, chia seed flour, and many more others. In this recipe, I am using coconut flour for my fritters.
Instruction of cooking Cauliflower Fritters
Cooking A Keto Cauliflower fritters is simple. You just fry it in the pan, and then let it cook for a few minutes. Later, you flip it and cook it again until is brown.
The only time consuming is preparation. That is because you still have to boil the cauliflower first. After that, you smashed it like as if you are making mashed potatoes. And lastly, you mixed all the seasoning, egg, flour and cauliflower in a bowl.
Do take note that you should store in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to help stick the fritter together. That is because if you fry it directly in the pan, there is a chance it might break down, which will ruin your dish.
However, if you insist to cook the fritter right away, you can just add more flour to prevent breaking apart. Don’t worry, in this recipe I cook directly in the frying pan without keeping in the refrigerator.
For the remaining left-over, you can store into the freezer (1 month) or refrigerator (1 week) and reheat them using microwave if you like.
Below is the full instruction of the Keto Cauliflower Fritters Recipe
Keto Cauliflower Fritters RecipeCourse: AppetizersCuisine: WesternDifficulty: Easy
A Keto Cauliflower Fritters is a healthy vegetarian keto friendly fritters that is mixed with cauliflowers, dill herbs, egg, coconut flour, onion and other seasoning.
2 and 1/2 cup of cauliflower head
1 tablespoon of dill
1/2 cup of onion
2 tablespoon of Low Carb flour
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1 teaspoon of sugar
Olive Oil for Frying
- Smashed the boiled cauliflower to make into ground texture
- Add the mashed cauliflower, salt, black pepper, sugar, dill, onion, egg, and flour into the bowl, and mixed it well. Add more flour if the cauliflower mixture is still watery.
- Add two tablespoon of cooking oil in the frying pan. Once the oil is hot, scoop out 2 tablespoon of cauliflower mixture into the pan. Cook it for 2 to 3 minutes in low heat. Flip it, and repeat the process again
- If the cauliflower mixture is too watery, you can add more flour to help stick it together.
- It is highly recommended to keep it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes since this will help harden the fritters before frying
- To use low carb flours, I used coconut flour, but you can use almond flour if you like.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Fat 8g 13%
- Saturated Fat 1g 5%
- Cholesterol 101mg 34%
- Sodium 620mg 26%
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Potassium 70mg 2%
- Total Carbohydrate 6g 2%
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 5g 10%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
If you love vegetarian dishes, here are other food I can recommend you: