Filipino Clubhouse Sandwich is a Filipino sandwich recipe that consists of chicken ham, cheese, cucumber, tomatoes, scrambled eggs, and mayonnaise. The sliced bread is toasted to have a browned and crispy texture which makes the sandwich tastier.
When someone mentions about clubhouse sandwich, you might think that this is an American sandwich. But, we also have a Filipino-style sandwich, which is similar but it contains different fillings.
The first time I tried this sandwich was when I was in a Filipino restaurant where they serve this delicious clubhouse sandwich. It is affordable, and it is convenient to eat since it contains vegetables, protein, and carbs all at once.
Filipino vs American Clubhouse
The American clubhouse sandwich is quite similar to the Filipino version, but they are two different things.
The American version is almost similar to BLT since it contains Ham, Turkey, and Bacon along with vegetables, cheddar cheese, and mayo.
The Filipino-style clubhouse sandwich, on the other hand, contains only ham, and they don't usually put bacon or turkey on the filling. In addition to that, we also add scrambled eggs and any square white cheese instead of cheddar cheese. Lastly, the vegetables and the mayonnaise are the same as in the American version.
Here are the list of ingredients to make my Filipino Clubhouse sandwich:
Ham: I am using chicken ham since I don't eat pork.
Vegetables: I included lettuce, tomatoes, and, cucumber for my sandwich
Egg and Vegetable Oil: You will need this to make a scrambled egg
Mayonnaise: You can use any brand, but I prefer Heinz or lady's choice
Cheese: You can use either cheddar, Eden or any white cheese.
Step by Step Instruction
- Firstly, I cooked the ham in the frying pan until it turns light brown which I set it aside. Next, I added a tablespoon of vegetable oil followed by an egg to make a scrambled egg.
- Secondly, I use a panini grill to toast the bread so it can turn slightly brown. Once done, set it aside.
- To assemble the sandwich, I first prepared the bread, which I spread with mayonnaise.
- Next, top it with ham, followed by lettuce, scrambled egg and then tomatoes. Add another sliced bread with mayonnaise on it.
- Once you put the second sliced bread, add the lettuce, followed by scrambled egg, white cheese, and then sliced cucumber.
- Lastly, add the 3rd sliced bread on it, and then place the tooth picked on each side so that it will be easy for you to divide it into 4 pieces.
- Serve it with fries or potato chips. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
You can serve this delicious clubhouse sandwich with fries or potato chips, and any drinks you desired
I am using whole wheat bread instead of white bread since it is more nutritious and it contains high fiber..
Yes, because it doesn't contain any pork. The ham I used is pure chicken.
If you don't have ham, you can use bacon or turkey meat.
Related Filipino Food Recipes
Here are other delicious Filipino food recipes that you can cook at home:
📋 Recipe Card
Filipino Clubhouse Sandwich
- 1 Medium Tomatoes, Sliced
- 6 Slices Cucumber
- 1 Large Egg
- 6 Slices Brown Sliced Bread
- 2 Slices Cheddar or White Cheese
- 6 Pieces Romaine Lettuce leaves, washed
- 2 Pieces Chicken Ham
- 2-3 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- Placed the chicken ham in the Pan-Fry Pan till it is cooked (Light brown). Set it aside.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and egg in the same pan to make a scrambled egg. Set it aside when done.
- Use the Electric Grill to toast the and browned the bread. Set it aside.
- To assembled the sandwich, spread the 1st sliced bread with mayonnaise
- Add ham above the sliced bread, followed by lettuce, scrambled egg and then tomatoes.
- Place the 2nd sliced bread with mayonnaise on top of it. Add again lettuce, cheese squares, scrambled egg and then sliced cucumber. Cover it with the 3rd sliced bread.
- Place the tooth picked on each side to help hold each other and then divide them into 4 pieces. Serve it with fries or potato chips.
- In terms of assembling the sandwich, you can do it to your preference. It doesn't have to be exactly like mine.
- If the scrambled egg is not enough, you can add more egg if needed.
Love this type of sandwich with lots of layers and fillings - so satisfying!
I recently tried the Filipino Clubhouse Sandwich Recipe and I must say it exceeded my expectations. The combination of chicken, bacon, egg, and veggies was a perfect balance of flavors and textures. The recipe was easy to follow and the end result was a delicious and hearty sandwich that left me feeling satisfied. Highly recommend giving this recipe a try!
Saif Al Deen Odeh
Thanks for sharing your experience Tavo. I am glad you enjoyed it.
Filipino clubhouse snadwiches were amazing, packed with so many delicious layers!!
Such a great sandwich! I love sandwiches but never tried this and it was so good. Thanks!
Saif Al Deen Odeh
Thanks, Dana. I am glad you enjoyed the sandwich.
What's not to love about this sandwich! It's so good and has all of my favorites in it. The scrambled egg makes it extra special. Yum!
Saif Al Deen Odeh
Thank you Angela.