Chicken Alfredo Pasta is a white creamy pasta mixed with chicken, mushroom, spinach, and cheese. It is one of my favorite pasta dishes, which I learned to cook from my mother’s recipe. This pasta fits perfectly if you serve together with a garlic bread, which I provided the recipe in the link provided.
One time, I cooked chicken alfredo pasta for my friends and relatives, and they loved it. They were all asking me what is the recipe of this dish. Which is why I will be showing you how to cook a deliciously creamy and cheesy pasta.
In my experience, chicken alfredo pasta is almost similar like other white pasta dishes such as carbonara. When I tried both of these pasta, I noticed the only different is that for carbonara they added more Parmesan cheese, and it has ham or sausages in it.
To cook a perfect chicken alfredo pasta, you must have the right ingredients needed to make the food delicious.
I provided the picture of the list of ingredients I need to make a perfect chicken alfredo pasta. Firstly, I am using a Penne Rigate since I believe it blends well with the other ingredients. You can use any type of pasta if you want such as fettuccine or spaghetti.
Secondly, to make the pasta creamy, I added all-purpose cream to make the sauce moist. I am sure most of us do not want to eat the pasta dry. If you are not familiar with all-purpose cream, this is a light cream that is found in the Philippines. You can use heavy cream or milk if you want to. Some people prefer to mix milk with cream. I prefer to use lighter cream since it has a lower fat content compared to whipping or heavy cream.
Furthermore, to make the pasta very tasty, you need to use cheddar cheese. You might be noticed I am mixing a Processed cheese with Cheddar cheese. That is because I do not want to make the taste of the pasta overwhelming since I am adding a Parmesan cheese. However, if you want your pasta to having a stronger cheesy taste, you are welcome to use only cheddar cheese if it satisfies you. Also, if you are not using cheddar cheese, the taste of the alfredo pasta will be underwhelming. Lastly, I added chicken, mushroom, and spinach in my pasta dish.
Cooking Method of the Pasta
When I am cooking the sauce of the chicken alfredo pasta, I simultaneously cooked the penne rigate in a separate cooking pot. If you cooked it ahead, it will be easier for you since you will not be spending time.
To know the cooking duration, it depends on the type of pasta you bought. But don’t worry, the instruction is already provided in the food label. Also, to make the pasta less sticky, I add 1 tablespoon of vegetables and a 1 teaspoon of salt. That way, the pasta will have a little flavor, and it will not be attached together. Once it is already soft, transfer the penne into the colander to drain the water, and leave it there while you are cooking the chicken alfredo sauce.
To know the specific instruction how to cook chicken alfredo pasta, here is the recipe below:
Chicken Alfredo PastaCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
Chicken Alfredo Pasta is a white creamy pasta which contain chicken, spinach, mushroom, and Cheddar & Parmesan cheese.
500g of cooked Penne Rigate Pasta
500ml of light cream
500 gram of chopped chicken breast
2 cup of chopped spinach
1 large chopped onion
2 tablespoon of vegetable cooking oil
1 cup of sliced canned mushroom
1 cup Kraft Cheddar Cheese (1 and a 1/2 cup if not using processed cheese)
1/2 cup of any processed cheese
3 tablespoon of parmesan cheese powder
1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of black pepper
1/2 cup of water
- Add the vegetable oil in the pot. Once it is hot, add the onion and stir it for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Once the onion is almost cooked, add the mushroom and stir it. Let it cooked for 2 to 4 minutes in medium heat.
- Once the mushroom turned into a little brown, add the chicken and stir for few minutes. Add 1/2 cup of water on the pot, and let it cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- After the chicken is cooked well, add the cream and cheddar cheese in the pot. Mix it well for few minute. Do not add the parmesan cheese yet.
- Add the spinach and mix it well. Now you will let it boil for up to 5 minutes. While boiling, you add the parmesan cheese, salt and black pepper.
- Lastly, transfer the drain pasta from the colander into the pot, and mix it well.
- Fettuccine or Spaghetti can be used as an alternative to Penne
- If you are not using other processed cheese, you can use 1 and 1/2 cup of Kraft cheddar cheese or any brand of processed cheddar cheese
5 servings per container
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Fat 38g 59%
- Sodium 850mg 36%
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Potassium 800mg 23%
- Total Carbohydrate 102g 34%
- Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
- Sugars 5g
- Protein 38g 76%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.