Mini Pizza Recipe is a little round pizza that is mixed with mozzarella and cheddar cheese, sausages and different olives you like. It is perfect finger food for kids and adults as well.
I remember my Aunt made a delicious tiny round pizza which is fluffy and delicious. This pizza is thick and soft at the same time which is perfect to eat pizza with pasta and garlic bread.
In this post, I will be showing you my secret Aunt's recipe of mini homemade pizza, where you can share with your kids, families and friends. This is perfect for birthday parties, family celebration and it is freezer-friendly.
Although cooking pizza is relatively easy, the preparation of the ingredient is a bit time-consuming. For the Mini pizza recipe, there are two things you should prepare: Ingredients for Pizza Toppings and Pizza Dough.
Recipe Ingredients for Toppings
Sausage: I am using frozen prepared beef sausage or beef hot dog that you can get in the grocery stores. I will highly recommend use the smoked flavor since it makes the pizza taste better
Cheese: I am using Mozzarella and Cheddar Cheese for this recipe. Without these cheeses, the pizza will taste boring and bland.
Vegetable: The only vegetable toppings I put is black olives and green olives. It gives a saltiness taste of the pizza which fits perfectly love
Olive Oil: I am using Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It will help make the texture of the mini pizza dough soft and fluffy.
Tomato Sauce: This is a homemade sauce which is a mixture of tomato pasta, warm water and sugar.
Recipe Ingredients for the Dough
Here are the important ingredients I used to make the mini pizza dough:
- All Purpose Flour
- Vegetable Oil
- Instant Yeast
- Salt & Sugar
- I prefer milk over water because it gives a nice flavor of the pizza crust
- Prepare an additional ½ cup of milk/water when mixing and kneading the pizza.
The list of Kitchen Equipment Needed
Nonstick Tray: You will need a nonstick tray or pan when baking the pizza since it will be easier to remove it afterward.
Oven: Since I am living in an apartment, I am using a convection oven, and it works perfectly. It doesn't really matter what type of oven you used: Conventional, Gas stove or conventional oven.
Wooden Dough Roller: You may need this to make a perfect circle of mini pizza. But, I rather used my hand since it is just a small pizza, and you don't really need any roller. If you want to roll the mini pizza using your hand, just add a drop of olive oil in your finger, and this will do the trick.
How to Store in the Freezer
I stored my pizzas in a large plastic food container. If you don't have enough space, you can always add another plastic container. Also, make sure you closed the lid well to prevent the air from entering inside since it will spoil the food earlier.
If you store in the fridge, it can last up to 2 weeks. But if you prefer in the freezer, it can last up to 1 to 1 ½ months maximum. This will help prevent or slow down the growth of bacteria.
There are two things you should prepare for mini pizza recipe: the dough, and topping of the pizza.
I. Making the Mini Pizza Dough
- Mix the milk with the yeast and sugar in a bowl.
- Transfer into another bowl that contains flour, oil, and salt, and mix it gently.
- While mixing and kneading the pizza dough in a bowl, add ¼ cup of milk/water.
- If the dough is still hard and dry, add another ¼ cup of milk and repeat the process.
- Once it is soft enough, covered it with a towel for 1.5 to 2 hours to help the dough grow.
II. Baking the Pizza
- For the topping, use your hand to make a small circle of the pizza.
- Brush the olive oil, and then add tomato sauce.
- Next, you add the sausage and olives.
- Lastly, you add the cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- Do take note that before you put the pizza in a tray, make sure you rub the tray with oil. This will help remove the mini pizza easier after baking in the oven.
What to Serve with Pizza
Pizza goes really well pastas, soup, salad and bread. Here are my homemade recipes that I like to serve with pizza:
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to reheat the pizza?
To heat your food, I use a microwave where I warm them for 30 seconds to 1 minute using medium intensity. Make sure you thaw them for 5 to 10 minutes before heating in the microwave. This will prevent breaking off the topping of the pizzas.
2. What other vegetables topping to put for pizza?
If you are not a fan of olives, you can replace it with bell pepper, mushrooms or onion in your mini homemade pizza.
📋 Recipe Card
Mini Pizza Recipe
- 3 cup of flour
- 2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of warm milk
- 2 teaspoon of yeast
- ½ cup of milk (use ¼ cup first and knead. If the dough is dry, add another ¼ cup)
- ¾ cup of olive oil
- 1 to 1 ½ cup of tomato sauce
- 2 cup of chopped hot dog or sausage
- 2 cup of combined green and black olives
- 2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Add a warm milk, yeast, and sugar. Mix it all together in a large cup or a bowl.
- Transfer them into another bowl that contain flour, salt, and vegetable oil. Mix them well together.
- While mixing and kneading the pizza dough using your hand, add ¼ cup of water/milk. If the texture of the pizza dough is still dry and hard, add another ¼ cup of milk/water and repeat the process. A ½ cup is more than enough to make the texture of the dough soft and fluffy.
- Cover the dough with a towel and keep it in room temperature for 1 to 2 hours maximum. The yeast will help grow the pizza dough. The picture below is only based on just 1 hour.
Topping of the Mini Pizza
- Rub the tray with oil. This is important because after baking the pizza, it can easily be removed.
- Soak your finger with olive oil, and make a round tiny pizza using your hand
- Brush the dough with olive oil, and then add tomato sauce. Next, you add sausage and olives. And then lastly, you add mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Transfer the tray into the oven and let it cooked for 10 minutes in 180 degrees Celsius. Make sure the oven is already hot enough before putting in the oven.