Potato Cheese Bread is a non-baked bread which is stuffed with mashed potatoes, and mozzarella cheese. This type of bread recipe is cooked in a pan rather than using the oven.
When making sandwiches or bread, potato and cheese always go well together. Usually, when making bread in most recipes, you will probably think that you may need to have it baked in the oven. But in this recipe, I made a very simple potato mozzarella bread that is so easy that you can cook it directly in the pan.
I was inspired to make this cheese and potato bread when I watched a popular viral video on Youtube. This is what inspired me to make my version of this recipe. I made this potato cheese bread for my family and they all loved it. You can eat it as a snack and serve it to your guest or family members at home.
Why you must try this bread recipe?
In my experience, here are the 3 reasons why this is one of the best potato cheese bread recipe that you can make at home:
- You don't need baking oven to make this recipe. You can just cook directly in the pan.
- The combination of potatoes, mayonnaise, and mozzarella cheese makes it so delicious and mouthwatering.
- This is a very easy recipe since you don't need yeast or baking powder to let the dough grow in size. Also, you only need a few ingredients to make this mashed potato cheese bread.
Here are the important ingredients I used to make this delicious cheese and potato bread:
- Flour: I am using all purpose white flour
- Cheese: I use Mozzarella cheese
- Butter: I am using unsalted butter, but you can use salted butter if you want to season the bread with a bit of salt.
- Milk: You can use either low-fat or high-fat milk.
- Other Ingredients: The rest you will need salt, black pepper, mayonnaise and potatoes.
Step by Step Instruction
There are 3 things to do when making this delicious potato cheese bread: Making the Flour; Making the Fillings, and Assembling the Bread.
I. Making the Flour
- Firstly, I combine the white flour, salt, milk, and unsalted butter in a large bowl.
- I mix and then knead it till it becomes smooth and turns into an elastic ball. Set aside.
II. Making the Potato Filling
- I pour water into the cooking pot and place the potato there.
- Once the potato is boiling, simmer it for 15 minutes or until it becomes soft.
- Next, I drain the water from the potato and wait till it cools down.
- Lastly, I transfer the potatoes into the bowl and mash them till it becomes soft. After that, I added salt and mayonnaise and mix it again till smooth. Set aside.
III. Assembling and Cooking the Bread
- In this part, I placed the dough on the clean table and roll into an 8-10 inches circle. The exact measurement depends on you.
- Next, I added the shredded mozzarella cheese in the center and then spread the potato filling above the cheese, followed by sprinkling the shredded cheese on top of it.
- To close the dough, I folded the edges and then bring it toward the center as shown in the picture. Make sure you pinched the dough to completely cover the filling.
- In this part, I flipped the dough bread, and gently roll it to create a smooth circular shape.
- For the cooking part, I brushed the pan with vegetable oil and then place the bread on it.
- I let it cook on low heat for 3 minutes or until it turns golden brown. Here, I brush the above dough as well before I flip to the opposite and repeat the process.
- Once done, transfer into the wood serving board and let it cool down.
Notes: As you can see, I cut into 8 pieces of bread
- If you like garlicky flavor, you can add 1 teaspoon of garlic paste or 1 tablespoon of garlic powder, and mix it with the potatoes and mayonnaise.
- You can add green leaves like chopped parsley to the potato filling to make your bread nutritious.
- When brushing the dough bread before cooking, you can use egg yolk or unsalted butter instead of vegetable oil
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ's)
You can eat this alone since this can be served as snacks or appetizers. However, I like to serve this bread with any warm soup.
This recipe can last in the fridge for up to 7 days.
I cut & divided this potato mozzarella bread into 8 pieces and you can serve this good for 4 people.
Other Cheese Bread Recipes to Try
Here are other delicious cheese bread recipes that you can make at home:
📋 Recipe Card
Potato Cheese Bread
- 1 ½ Cup All-purpose white flour
- ½ Cup Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 Medium Potatoes, Peeled
- 1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 100 Grams of shredded mozzarella cheese
Making the Flour
- Add salt, unsalted butter, flour and milk into a large bowl. Stir to mix
- Use your hand to knead the dough till it become smooth and turns into elastic ball. Keep in the refrigerator and set aside.
Making the Potato Filling
- Place the potato and pour water into the cooking pot.
- Once the potato is boiling, lower to heat and let it simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until it becomes soft.
- Drain water from the potato and wait for 5 minutes to let it cool down.
- Transfer the potatoes into the plate bowl and mash it till it's soft
- Add salt and mayonnaise in the bowl. Mix to combine till smooth. Set aside.
Assembling and Cooking the Bread
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and transfer into the clean table.
- Use the rolling pin to roll into 8-10 inches circle. It doesn't have to be the exact measurement.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese into the center followed by spreading the potato filling above the cheese, and then sprinkle the shredded cheese again on top of it.
- Fold the edges and then bring it toward the center to close the dough. Pinch the dough to completely cover the filling
- Flip the dough bread, and gently roll it to create a smooth circular shape.
- Brush the pan with vegetable oil and then place the bread on the pan in low heat.
- Let it cook for 3 minutes or until it turns into golden brown. Flip to the opposite side and repeat the process.
- Transfer into the wood serving board and let it cool down before cutting into 8 pieces.
- To know the step-by-step instruction properly, look at the picture on the post
- You can add garlic paste or powder if you want to add a garlicky flavor to the bread.
My family loved this potato cheese bread. Thank you for sharing
Saif Al Deen Odeh
No problem Mackenzie. I am glad your family loved it.
Potato and cheese is one of my favorite and best combo. Pinned to make this soon.
Saif Al Deen Odeh
Glad you love it Kushigalu. It is also one of my favorite bread recipe
Love this bread! So simple and uses such inexpensive ingredients but the result is super delicious! Thanks for the recipe 🙂
Saif Al Deen Odeh
Your welcome Leva. The recipe is really simple and delicious.
Awesome ! It's really nice recipe. Made it today. So very good. Even my husband said so. It will become a family heirloom.
Saif Al Deen Odeh
Thanks for sharing your experience Jovita. I am glad your husband enjoyed my potato cheese bread recipe
My kids love cheesy mash so they will love this. Can't wait to try this recipe!
Saif Al Deen Odeh
Thanks Amanda. I am sure your kids are gonna love it
i made this potato cheese bread yesterday and it was so delicious. My children loved it since its cheesy and easy to make. I am glad it doesn't need oven at all. Thank you so much for the recipe.